This e-Service is made available on the ECCAIRS web portal in order to offer an online electronic registration for access to the European Co-ordination Centre for Accident and Incident Reporting System related services.
E-Services are tools on the internet websites of the Joint Research Centre (JRC) enabling a given research community (e.g. committee, working group, project group, etc.) geographically spread across Europe (and beyond) to maintain a private space on Internet where they can share information, documents, participate in discussion fora, download software, subscribe JRC publications etc. The definition of E-Services on JRC websites can be found in the notification to the Data Protection Officer No DPO-2176.
Your personal data will be collected and further processed for the purposes detailed hereafter under point 2. This processing of personnel data is under the responsibility of the Head of Unit Internal and External communication at the JRC,who acts as the controller for the E-Services notification. The Head of Unit Transport & Border Security of Directorate E - Space, Security and Migration at the JRC in Ispra, who manages the processing, acts as personal data processor.
As this processing collects and further processes personal data, Regulation (EC) No 2018/1725 applies.
2. What personal information do we collect, what is the legal basis, for what purpose and through which technical means?
The personal data collected and further processed are:
- Username *
- Surname *
- First name *
- ZIP code
- City *
- Country *
- E-mail *
- Category *
- Organization *
- Reason for registration*
- Authorization to share this set of information with other ECCAIRS Community Members
- Personal image
In addition, the system automatically keeps the timestamp of the last login. The personal data items marked with * are mandatory. Registration and participation of data subjects are provided on a purely voluntary basis.
Legal Basis of processing:
- The European Parliament and Council Decision of 18 Dec. 2006 on the EC 7th Research Framework Programme (FP7) (2007-2013).
- Council directive 94/56/EC of 21 November 1994 establishing the fundamental principles governing the investigation of civil aviation accidents and incidents.
- Directive 2003/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 13 June 2003 on occurrence reporting in civil aviation.
- The Commission Regulation (EC) No 1321/2007 of 12 November 2007, laying down implementing rules for the integration into a central repository of information on civil aviation occurrences exchanged in accordance with Directive 2003/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council.
- The Commission Regulation (EC) 1330/2007 of 24 September 2007 laying down implementing rules for the dissemination to interested parties of information on civil aviation occurrences referred to the Article 7(2) of directive 2003/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council Text with EEA relevance.
Purpose of processing:
The purpose of the processing of personal data for the e-Services is to provide controlled access and information exchange, management of data bases, including management of: communications to users, reports, distribution of reports, information sharing within interest groups, etc.
3. Who has access to your information and to whom is it disclosed?
The access to all personal data is only granted through Username / Password to a defined population of users. These users typically are: the Unit Head(s) acting as controller/processor of the processing of personal data, the system administrator of the software. Regular registered and approved users (ECCAIRS community members) by default have access to personal data of other users, unless specifically prohibited by the data subject concerned. No personal data is transmitted to parties, which are outside the recipients and the legal framework mentioned.
4. How do we protect and safeguard your information?
The collected personal data is stored on the servers of JRC and underlie the Commission Decision C(2006)3602 of 16/08/2006 "concerning the security of information systems used by the European Commission" defines IT security measures in force. Annex I defines the security requirements of EC Information Systems. Annex II defines the different actors and their responsibilities. Annex III defines the rules applicable by users.
5. How can you verify, modify or delete your information?
- have direct password-protected web access to their profile
- are able to update their profile
- can cancel their registration
- can send a request in order to unsubscribe from specific interest groups and / or publications.
6. How long do we keep your data?
Your personal data are kept for maximum 4 years after the last login.
7. Contact Information.
Should you have any queries concerning the processing of your personal data, please address them to the following processor address: firstname.lastname@example.org
On questions relating to the protection of personal data, you can contact:
- DG JRC Data Protection Co-ordinator: email@example.com
- Commission's Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event of a dispute, you can send a complaint to: European Data Protection Supervisor: email@example.com